THE HARVEST FOOD PANTRY & CLOTHING CLOSET
The Harvest Food Pantry has been nurturing the physical and spiritual life of the community since 1989. Housed at the Cambridgeport Baptist Church, we serve individuals and families in need of food and clothing.
DATE & TIME
The Harvest is open the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month from 9:00 to 11:00am (closed only for major holidays or severe weather)
ABOUT THE PANTRY
- We distribute free grocery items including: dry goods, canned goods, bread, and fresh produce
- Gently used clothing in good condition for minimal cost ($.25 to $1.00 per item; $5.00 limit per session)
- There are no income restrictions to visit the pantry, but a personal identification card is required at the time of check-in
- Customers are welcome to come both Saturdays; please do not arrive before 9 a.m., as a lottery system is used for queuing
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
Each time the Harvest is open, we need about 20-25 volunteers to operate effectively. If you are interested in volunteering, please email (theharvestfoodpantry@gmail.
- We encourage individuals to sign up on www.meetup.com/BostonVolunteer
. Groups of five or more should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to volunteer together.
- There is no age limit for volunteers, however, we children under the age of 18 should be accompanied by a parent, group leader or legal guardian
- Volunteers must arrive promptly as scheduled
- Patron liaison prior to doors opening
- New patron assistance
- Registration desk
- Distribution of food to patrons
- Stock room work
For more information about The Harvest Food Pantry or to donate clothing items, please e-mail email@example.com